EMC Documentum Connector
Installation and Configuration
Mindbreeze GmbH, A-4020 Linz, 2018.
All rights reserved. All hardware and software names used are registered trade names and/or registered trademarks of the respective manufacturers.
These documents are highly confidential. No rights to our software or our professional services, or results of our professional services, or other protected rights can be based on the handing over and presentation of these documents.
Distribution, publication or duplication is not permitted.
The term ‘user‘ is used in a gender-neutral sense throughout the document.
Before installing the EMC Documentum Connector ensure that the Mindbreeze Server is already installed and this connector is also included in the Mindbreeze license.
Extending Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise for Use with the EMC Documentum Connector
The EMC Documentum Connector is available as a ZIP file. The Plugin can be uploaded using the Plugins-Tab or registered with the Mindbreeze Server via mesextension as follows:
mesextension --interface=plugin --type=archive
PLEASE NOTE: The process of updating a plugin is the same as installation. Mindbreeze will automatically carry out the required update und retain the existing Config.
Needed Rights for Crawling
The EMC Documentum Connector allows you to index and search in EMC Documentum repository.
The following requirements must be met before configuring EMC Documentum connector:
- Superuser name and password
Configuration of Mindbreeze
Select the “Advanced” installation method:
Click on the “Indices” tab and then on the “Add new index” symbol to create a new index.
Enter the index path, e.g. “/data/Indices/documentum”. Change the Display Name of the Index Service and the related Filter Service if necessary.
Add a new data source with the symbol “Add new custom source” at the bottom right.
Configuration of Data Source
EMC Documentum Connection
- Superuser: user name of the superuser user.
- Password: password of superuser.
- Respository Name: the repository name.
- Webtop URL: the URL to webtop e.g. http://documentum.mycompany.com:9080/webtop/
- DFC Properties File: path to DFC properties file. Verify that the followings properties are correctly configured. (see dfc.properties file on Documentum server)
It is possible to limit the data that should be crawled, for instance some particular document.
- Object Type: defines the root object type.
- DQL: SELECT * FROM dm_sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_document')
- If this field is empty then dm_sysobject is used as r_object_type.
- (DQL: SELECT * FROM dm_sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_sysobject')
- Additional Object Type: enables crawling of further particular object types for example: custom_document.
- DQL: SELECT * FROM dm_sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_document' OR r_object_type='custom_document')
- Index Constraint (DQL): Restricts the crawling of documents with some certain properties. For example documents modified after 2012-10-01.
- DQL: SELECT * FROM sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_document' OR r_object_type='custom_document') AND (r_modify_date > date('2012-10-01 08:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'))
Crawler Performance Settings
- Batch Size: the number of documents that are sent to index and after which the connector state (checkpoint) is persisted. For example if Batch Size is 500 the following DQL query is used:
- DQL: SELECT * FROM dm_sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_document') ORDER BY r_modify_date, r_object_id ENABLE (return_top 500)
- Number of Threads: the number of threads which crawls documents in parallel. All documents are partitioned according to their IDs. For example one thread crawls all documents that have IDs ending with ‘1’.
- DQL: SELECT * FROM dm_sysobject WHERE (r_object_type='dm_document') AND (r_object_id LIKE ‘%1’)
- Synchronize with Index on Startup: the crawler persist its state periodically, from which it resumes documents traversals. If some documents are not indexed correctly because of transport or filter errors this option can be used to synchronize index on startup.
- Disable ACL Update: Document ACLs retrieved by first crawling run are not update by subsequent runs if they are changed. Document content will be updated.
Audit Trail Clean-up
The crawler detects documents which are deleted by tracking events “Audit Trail Event Type (DQL)” in audit trail (dm_audittrail ). If the user provided in “EMC Documentum Connection” section does not have access right to audit trail, another user can be configured here.
Uninstalling the EMC Documentum Connector
To uninstall the EMC Documentum Connector, first delete all EMC Documentum crawlers and then carry out the following command:
mesextension --interface=plugin --type=archive