Jive Sitemap Generator
Mindbreeze GmbH, A-4020 Linz, 2022.
All rights reserved. All hardware and software names are brand names and/or trademarks of their respective manufacturers.
These documents are strictly confidential. The submission and presentation of these documents does not confer any rights to our software, our services and service outcomes or other protected rights.
The dissemination, publication or reproduction hereof is prohibited.
For ease of readability, gender differentiation has been waived. Corresponding terms and definitions apply within the meaning and intent of the equal treatment principle for both sexes.
The Mindbreeze Jive Sitemap Generator is a Jive plugin that is required for indexing Jive contents with Mindbreeze InSpire. The plugin generates a sitemap containing the links, metadata and permission information in form of access control lists of all Jive contents that are available for indexing.
The Sitemap Generator Plugin also provides the service endpoints for requesting user information and group membership. This is needed for permission check and access control for the Jive search results.
The Mindbreeze Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin is available for Jive 6.*, Jive 8.* respective Jive 9.* with the following restrictions:
- the Jive 6 plugin can be installed on Jive 6 versions less than 18.104.22.168.
- the Jive 8 plugin can be installed on Jive 8 versions less than 22.214.171.124
- the Jive 9 plugin can be installed on Jive 9 versions less or equal than 126.96.36.199
Installation and Configuration
The Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin can be installed as a standard Jive plugin, using the Jive administration console. The plugin configuration is performed by setting system properties. The properties are described in detail later in this document.
For the plugin installation and configuration to take effect, the Jive services have to be restarted.
The Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin can be deployed with the following Steps:
- Install the Plugin archive (mindbreeze-sitemapgenerator-*.jar) corresponding to your Jive version, by uploading the plugin archive in the Jive administration console:
- Configure the plugin by setting the required system properties in the System > Management > System Properties section of the Jive administration console:
- Restart the Jive services for the changes to take effect.
Plugin Configuration Options
As mentioned, the Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin can be configured by setting system parameters. The plugin can generate two sitemap instances, a “full” sitemap and a “delta” sitemap in parallel. The full sitemap typically contains all Jive documents and the delta sitemap contains only documents modified in the last, given amount of days.
The configuration properties have the following syntax: mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.<propertyname>.<sitemapid>
The <sitemapid> part can be either “full” or “delta”. If a property name ends with a <sitemapid> part, the property is only affecting the sitemap generator job with the given sitemapid. If the <sitemapid> section is missing from the property name, the configuration property affects both the “full” and the “delta” sitemap generating jobs.
The following System Properties can be used for configuring the Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin:
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.activeInstancePattern”: regular expression matching the Node ID of the Jive Node on which the sitemap generator plugin is running. If not set all nodes in the Jive cluster will start the sitemap generator task.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorizedUserPattern”: a regular expression matching the usernames who are allowed to download the generated sitemap using the link http://jiveserver.mycompany.com/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/sitemap?jobid=full for the full sitemap and http://jiveserver.mycompany.com/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/sitemap?jobid=delta for the delta sitemap. In the links above, the http://jiveserver.mycompany.com part is the base URL of the Jive installation.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.contentModificationDateAgeInDays”: the maximum age (time since of the last modification) of the Jive contents in days. Typically this setting is configured only for the “delta” instance, so the property name becomes “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.contentModificationDateAgeInDays.delta”.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.taskCronExpression”: an extended cron expression for scheduling the sitemap generator jobs. The scheduler expression can be set for the “delta” and “full” sitemap generator jobs with the properties “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.taskCronExpression.delta” and “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.taskCronExpression.full” separately .
Documentation and examples of cron expressions can be found here.
Here are another few examples:
- 0 0 12 * * ? fires at 12pm (noon) every day;
- 0 15 10 ? * * fires at 10:15am every day;
- 0 15 10 15 * ? fires at 10:15am on the 15th day of every month.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.externalIdentityTypes”: a list in form of json array of the external identity types that should be searched for when resolving user principal names. For example: ["saml"]. In this example if external identities of type “saml” are available for a given user, the external principal is retrieved and can be used as input by the principal resolution services.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.writeURLTagDescription”: include content description as URL metadata in the sitemaps.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.encryptionPassword”: if this property is set, all user principals in the sitemap and in the output of the principal resolution services are encrypted with the configured password.
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorProfileFilter.valueRegex”: if this property is set, only content from Jive containers that match the configured profile property of the container creator will be included in the sitemap. The profile property is configured with the property " mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorProfileFilter.key".
For example, if you only want to index content that comes from Jive containers where the creators are from the marketing department, this can be configured as follows:
mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorProfileFilter.key = Department
mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorProfileFilter.valueRegex = .*Marketing.*
- “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.customBaseURL”: if this property is set, all base URLs in the sitemap are replaced by the configured one.
After the Jive Sitemap Generator Plugin is installed and configured the following services are deployed on the Jive server:
- “Full” sitemap: <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/sitemap?jobid=full
- “Delta” sitemap: <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/sitemap?jobid=delta
- All Users: retrieves a list of all Jive user principals <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/allusers
- All Groups: retrieves a list of all Jive groups and social groups <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/allgroups
- Members: retrieves the members of a jive group or social group. The name of the group can be specified with the “groupname” query parameter <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/members?groupname=<groupname>
- Containers: retrieves the container groups and social groups of a given user principal. The name of the user principal can be specified with the “username” query parameter <jive_base_url>/rpc/rest/mindbreeze/members?username=<username>
Access to all of the Mindbreeze services can be restricted using the “mindbreeze.sitemapgenerator.authorizedUserPattern” configuration option.