Release Notes for Mindbreeze InSpire
Mindbreeze GmbH, A-4020 Linz, 2020.
All rights reserved. All hardware and software names used are trade names and/or trademarks of the respective manufacturers.
These documents are strictly confidential. The transmission and presentation of these documents alone does not create any rights to our software, services and service results or other protected rights. The transmission, publication or reproduction is not permitted.
For reasons of easier readability, gender-specific differentiation, e.g. users, is not used. Corresponding terms apply to both sexes in the sense of equal treatment.
Innovations and new features
G6 to G7 migration tool mesadmin snapshot
With this release the command line tool mesadmin now supports the sub-command snapshot. This makes it possible to create and restore snapshots independently of Mindbreeze InSpire Generation (G6 / G7). This tool can thus be used to migrate a Mindbreeze InSpire G6 appliance to a new Mindbreeze InSpire G7 appliance.
Extension of the iOS App for administration with Enterprise Mobile Device Management
With the new Mindbreeze iOS App it is possible to define a custom search app URL in the iOS settings.
This enables the cross-device administration and distribution of Mindbreeze iOS App in companies.
New and extended connectors
Dropbox Connector (New)
With the new Dropbox Connector you can now index all documents from Dropbox.
ServiceNow Connector (New)
The new ServiceNow Connector allows you to search Knowledge Articles, Catalog Items, Incidents, Problems and any generic tables.
SharePoint Online Connector (Extended)
The SharePoint Online Connector has been largely revised. The most important new features are efficient delta crawling to retrieve only freshly changed documents and automatic site discovery, which makes it much easier to configure installations with many sites.
app.telemetry: Monitoring of Admin API tasks
The execution of tasks to synchronize data, configuration and indices in a distributed operation (G7) can be monitored with app.telemetry.
app.telemetry: CrawlRun Statistics in own log pool "Crawler Service Run
The summary of individual crawl runs can be conveniently displayed in a separate LogPool.
PDF preview loading bar is displayed
When opening larger PDFs, an animated loading bar is now displayed in the PDF preview. This gives the user feedback as long as the PDF is still loading.
Security relevant changes
- Migration to Python 3
- CESA-2019:2079 Moderate CentOS 7 xorg-x11-drv-ati Security Update
- Fix for G7 insufficient isolation between docker container and host system
- app.telemetry: CrawlRun Statistics in own log pool "Crawler Service Run
- app.telemetry: Monitoring of Admin API tasks
- Config UI display error with data sources under Windows
- Crawler Framework: FilterAndIndexClient offers apiCapabilities for mesapi and commons plugins
- Documentum Connector: Overwriting ACLs for repository-wide access roles
- Documentum Connector: Support of a "trash" folder
- Implement Dropbox Connector based on WebRest
- Dropbox Connector supports efficient reindexing (Delta Crawling)
- Dropbox Connector Fault tolerance improvements
- Dropbox Connector: Improved performance with full indexing
- Fix for BestBets plugin has unusable icon in data source filter
- Fix for Config UI: After reloading the Config page and immediately clicking on a tab, the view jumps back to the Overview
- Fix for content property is requested but not returned
- Fix for CrawlerStatusClient: Wrong URL (Index URL) in warning
- Fix for CSV Editor when adding a table and appending a column to the end of it 2 tables are added
- Fix for Dropbox Connector Folders/files with & in name cannot be opened
- Fix for G6 update fails to work in new versions
- Fix for GSA Feed Adapter: "Enforce Extension From URL if Matches" option does not work as expected if collections also match from Collection-CSVs to URL-s
- Fix for HttpClient: ResponseBody is not readable if not 200 status codes
- Fix for icons in annotation popup component are not displayed correctly
- Fix for Index Service: DeleteBuckets-Operation locks without timeout
- Fix für Index Service: Nicht zutreffende Warnung "Lexicon path is empty and lexicon path does not exist"
- Fix for Launched Service cannot be used simultaneously as QueryExprTransformer and ItemTransformer
- Fix for LDAP Connector cannot connect due to certificate problem
- Fix for license upload: The license is not validated until the configuration download. (Should be validated already during upload)
- Fix for Management Center URLs :8443/config/download and :8443/config/categorydescriptors do not work
- Fix for mesconfig tool does not work under windows
- Fix for MetadataTransformer: Timeout with leading Asterisk pattern
- Fix for Microsoft Filesystem Connector: crawler terminates when SMB2 is enabled and a directory in the root folder access denied
- Fix for Microsoft SharePoint Online Connector hangs when issuing a new Access Token
- Fix for MMC tasks: Cron Job in Internet Explorer cannot be added
- Fix for Node Administration: app.telemetry Config cannot be created automatically if Syncronized Nodes are missing
- Fix for node sync parallelism not adjustable
- Fix for Outlook Add-in is displayed briefly, then disappears
- Fix for Pagination does not work for completely unauthorized pages
- Fix for Personalization API documentation missing
- Fix for PersonalizedRelevanceTransformer Plugin app.telemetry credentials must be entered manually
- Fix for Script export-and-sync-masterconfig-to-consumer.sh: on errors the status is OK
- Fix for Search Client Alert notifications are not translated correctly
- Fix for ServiceNow Connector: Immediate crawl run termination on indexing
- Fix for ServiceNow Pagination is not supported, "query is too long
- Fix for SharePoint Connector setting "Include Unpublished Documents" does not work
- Fix für SharePoint Connector stop mit "Warning: Traversal task took longer than configured"
- Fix für SharePoint Connector: GetWebApplicationPolicy Timeout
- Fix for SharePoint Online Connector JSON parsing robustly
- Fix for Sharepoint Online Connector deletes index when "Do Not Crawl Root Site" setting is changed
- Fix für Sharepoint Online Connector Sitemap Discovery HTTP Status 500
- Fix für Sharepoint Online Connector: "ListCrawler for site failed: OutOfMemoryError"
- Fix for Sharepoint Online Connector: File Metadata is not expanded when both options "Include Unpublished Documents" and "Dont fetch author data" are enabled
- Fix für Sharepoint Online Connector: Hang: "WARNING: Awaiting termination of ExecutorService"
- Fix for Sharepoint Online Connector: NullPointerException during indexing
- Fix for SharePoint Online Connector: Principal Resolution Service or ACLs incomplete or do not match
- Fix for SharePoint Online Connector: Processing of whole lists fails with message "User cannot be found
- Fix for SharePoint Online Connector: Version data should not be fetched if the option "including unpublished documents" is activated
- Fix for SharePoint Online Site Discovery Token expires
- Fix for Stemmer Transformer uses uneven boosting and reduces the hit quality
- Fix for search client Tooltip on delete button in search field is not translated
- Fix for Trusted Certificate-Chain is not taken over in MMC from a PKCS12 SSL Server certificate
- Fix für Typo in Command Line Tool `mesadmin snapshot create` Argument `--exportalltelmetrytables`
- Fix for Web Connector crawling of sitemaps with Insite Profile leads to OutOfMemoryError
- Fix for Web Connector Form-based Login: Cookie causes IllegalArgumentException in FetchHttp
- Fix for Web Connector: Sitemap download with Kerberos authentication is not supported
- Für für Atlassian Confluence Connector: "unable to get character at index java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException"
- G6 SFX and G7 Image install a list of builtin plugins names and versions
- G6, G7 Migration: Export of an archive of configuration and resources, DB data
- Google Drive Connector can now index shared documents in a domain
- Index Service: HTTP Server prevents multiple processes from using the same port
- Index Service: Tool for repair references (mescontrol repairreferences)
- iOS App can be accessed with URL
- JIRA Connector Delta Crawling for attachments and performance optimization
- Jive Connector: Ensure that content with tags can be found with delta indexing
- JMeter Performance Test Framework for Search Apps with Test Runner Script + examples is available
- LDAP Connector Config shorter hint texts to avoid line breaks in the layout
- MIcrosoft File Connector Index File Lister Plugin: skip unmodified files during incremental crawling.
- Microsoft File Connector support for Share Level ACLs
- Microsoft File Connector: Index new directories/documents first (sort by date)
- Microsoft File Connector: Optimization of crawling roots based on an external source (example database)
- New Connector ServiceNow
- PDF Preview Documentation configurable text when loading PDFs
- PDF Preview configurable text when loading PDFs
- PDF preview loading bar is displayed
- Plugin configuration: plugins get their own service_id passed in the properties
- Principal Resolution Service Framework: Request Identity Encryption Unterstützung für Nested Container Memberships Resolution Strategy
- ServiceNow Connector indexing of generic tables
- ServiceNow Connector Principal Resolution Service: Autorisierung von Knowledgebase und Catalog Items
- Map ServiceNow Connector User Criteria as hierarchical ACLs
- ServiceNow Connector Improved CSV logging for unmappable user criteria
- ServiceNow Connector: Authorization of Generic Tables
- ServiceNow Connector: Authorization of Knowledgebase and Catalog Items
- ServiceNow Connector: Improved ACLs for Knowledge Articles
- ServiceNow Principal Resolution Service can ignore upper and lower case
- SharePoint Online Connector Delta Crawling via ChangeToken API
- SharePoint Online Connector Delta Crawling via ChangeToken API
- Sharepoint Online Connector erzeugt all-content-types.csv
- SharePoint Online Connector indexing considers unpublished sites and uses correct current published version
- SharePoint Online Connector can only index with readonly permissions if static ACLs are configured
- Sharepoint Online Connector performance improvement
- Sharepoint Online Connector Principal Resolution Service Improve Delta Update Performance
- Sharepoint Online Connector Principal Resolution Service Support multiple sites
- Sharepoint Online Connector Principal Resolution Service: Dump Change Requests für Diagnosezwecke
- SharePoint Online Connector Site Discovery via the Get-PnPTenantSite RestAPi
- SharePoint Online Connector Support of ADFS Credentials
- SharePoint Online Connector versioning of the "Approval Status" for documents
- SharePoint Online Connector: Delta Crawling improvements
- SharePoint Online Connector: multiple sites are configurable, Site Discovery enhancements
- SharePoint Online Connector: Option to disable indexing for the main page
- SharePoint Online Connector: Improved documentation for Azure AD Graph API configuration
- SharePoint Online Connector: Reset points for aborted crawl run
- SharePoint Online Site Discovery runs in the background
- Web Connector Invalid Document Remover: Encoding special characters in URIs as %hex
Notes for downgrades
If you want to upgrade from the 20.1 release to 19.3, under certain circumstances the services may not start after the downgrade. You can solve this problem by restarting the InSpire Container under G7, or alternatively by executing the following command on the command line
This restarts the services.