Release Notes for Mindbreeze InSpire
Mindbreeze GmbH, A-4020 Linz, 2021.
All rights reserved. All hardware and software names used are trade names and/or trademarks of the respective manufacturers.
These documents are strictly confidential. Transmission and presentation of these documents alone does not constitute any rights to our software, services and service results or any other protected rights. The transmission, publication or reproduction is not permitted.
For reasons of easier readability, no gender-specific differentiation, e.g. users, is made. Corresponding terms apply to both genders in the sense of equal treatment.
Innovations and new features
Usability and design
This release includes a fully comprehensive redesign of the Mindbreeze InSpire user interface. Several changes have been made to both the Mindbreeze InSpire Insight app (formerly “Search App“) and the corresponding Insight App Designer (formerly “Search App Editor“).
The contemporary design, the newly arranged and redesigned filters, along with the tabs and settings ensure increased user-friendliness and provide an optimized user experience.
Link to documentation
Link to documentation
Mindbreeze Insight Apps on Microsoft SharePoint Online using Modern Experience
As part of the Mindbreeze InSpire 20.5 release, users have access to improved seamless integration with the SharePoint Online environment.
To use Mindbreeze InSpire Insight apps seamlessly with the SharePoint Online "modern experience" and to override the search functionality on sites or site collections, follow the instructions in our detailed documentation.
Link to documentation
Outlook Add-In: MSI Installer for system-wide Installation
In this release, we provide an MSI installer for the Outlook Add-In. This enables administrators to roll out the add-in for a group of users in an automated manner, thus facilitating access to Mindbreeze InSpire.
Microsoft SharePoint Online Connector: Auto-Discovery of Microsoft OneDrive Sites
The Microsoft OneDrive sites to be indexed are now auto-discovered like the Microsoft SharePoint Online sites as soon as the server URL is a Microsoft OneDrive domain (https://mycompany-my.sharepoint.com).
OpenText Documentum Connector supports Version 16.7
The OpenText Documentum Connector now supports OpenText Documentum version 16.7.
Link to documentation
Update of InSpire Reporting to Fabasoft app.telemetry 2019
With the update of Fabasoft app.telemetry to version 2019, a new major version upgrade is available for InSpire Reporting.
Advanced sub-word search (prefix, infix)
With an improvement of the masked search functionality it is now possible to find non-space separated words like "Mindbreeze-Search" by searching e.g. for "Mindbreeze-S". This enhanced functionality can be enabled for document metadata and content via configuration.
Link to documentation
Map results visualization offers the possibility to display different pin descriptions per result
If several geo-coordinates are available for a result, it was already possible to display all of them in the map visualization. Now there is also the possibility to store different texts for the different pins per result. An example is property lists of several companies with different addresses - now the respective company can be displayed at the pin.
Link to documentation
Open Microsoft Office documents via the browser
With the Microsoft File Connector, it is now possible to open Microsoft Office documents such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint directly from the browser.
Restriction of search via Admin Servlets, disabled by default, is restricted to system metadata
To ensure increased data security, the search functionality in the admin servlets, which are disabled by default, is restricted to system data source metadata such as the mes:key, mes:date, mes:lang, mes:size, store:modificationdate, store:creationdate, url, fqcategory, category.
Security relevant changes
- G7 Update CentOS Atomic Host to CentOS 7.9 (2009) (CVE-2020-12351, CVE-2020-12352, CVE-2020-10713, CVE-2020-14308, CVE-2020-14311, CVE-2020-14309, CVE-2020-14310, CVE-2020-15705, CVE-2020-15706, CVE-2020-15707, CVE-2019-19527, CVE-2020-12653, CVE-2020-12654, CVE-2020-10757, CVE-2018-20836, CVE-2019-12614, CVE-2019-15217, CVE-2019-15807, CVE-2017-18551, CVE-2019-17053, CVE-2019-17055, CVE-2019-16994, CVE-2019-15917, CVE-2019-16231, CVE-2019-16233, CVE-2019-19046, CVE-2019-19063, CVE-2019-19062, CVE-2019-19059, CVE-2019-19058, CVE-2019-19055, CVE-2019-18808, CVE-2019-19332, CVE-2019-19447, CVE-2019-19523, CVE-2019-19524, CVE-2019-19530, CVE-2019-19534, CVE-2019-19537, CVE-2019-19807, CVE-2019-19767, CVE-2019-20054, CVE-2019-20095, CVE-2020-8649, CVE-2020-8647, CVE-2020-2732, CVE-2020-1749, CVE-2020-9383, CVE-2020-10690, CVE-2020-10942, CVE-2019-9454, CVE-2019-9458, CVE-2020-12826, CVE-2019-20636, CVE-2020-10742, CVE-2020-11565, CVE-2020-10732, CVE-2020-12770, CVE-2020-10742, CVE-2020-10751, CVE-2020-14305)
- Update OpenJDK to 8u272 (CVE-2020-14779, CVE-2020-14781, CVE-2020-14782, CVE-2020-14792, CVE-2020-14796, CVE-2020-14797, CVE-2020-14803)
- Apache Tomcat update (CVE-2020-11996, CVE-2020-13934, CVE-2020-13935, CVE-2020-8022, CVE-2020-9484)
- Keycloak update (CVE-2020-1714, CVE-2020-1728, CVE-2020-10776, CVE-2020-14389)
- Apache ZooKeeper Removal (CVE-2018-8012, CVE-2019-0201, CVE-2017-5637, CVE-2016-5017)
- Apache Tika update (CVE-2018-11761, CVE-2018-11762, CVE-2018-11796, CVE-2018-1335, CVE-2018-1338, CVE-2018-1339, CVE-2020-1950, CVE-2020-1951)
- Apache Ant update (CVE-2020-1945)
- Atlassian Crowd update (CVE-2017-18107, CVE-2017-18108, CVE-2017-18109, CVE-2017-18110, CVE-2018-20238 CVE-2019-11580, CVE-2019-15005, CVE-2019-20104, CVE-2019-20902)
- Update Bouncy Castle (CVE-2016-1000338, CVE-2016-1000339, CVE-2016-1000341, CVE-2016-1000342, CVE-2016-1000343, CVE-2016-1000344, CVE-2016-1000345, CVE-2016-1000346, CVE-2016-1000352, CVE-2017-13098, CVE-2018-1000613, CVE-2018-5382)
- Apache Commons BeanUtils update (CVE-2014-0114, CVE-2019-10086)
- Xalan-Java update (CVE-2014-0107)
- Apache POI update (CVE-2017-12626, CVE-2019-12415)
- OpenSAML update (CVE-2013-6440)
- Batik update (CVE-2018-8013,CVE-2019-17566)
- GrpcCore.dll update (CVE-2020-7768)
- Unused jquery.min.js and require-jquery.js removed (CVE-2015-9251, CVE-2019-11358, CVE-2020-11022, CVE-2020-11023)
- jQuery and Bootstrap update (CVE-2018-14040, CVE-2018-14041, CVE-2018-14042, CVE-2019-8331, CVE-2020-11022, CVE-2020-11023, CVE-2015-9251, CVE-2019-11358, CVE-2012-6708)
- Apache HttpClient update (CVE-2020-13956)
- Jackson Databind update (CVE-2020-25649)
- Apache Commons Collections update (CVE-2015-6420 CVE-2017-15708 CVE-2015-6420)
- Google Guava update (CVE-2018-10237)
- not-yet-commons-ssl update (CVE-2014-3604)
- OpenSSL security update (CVE-2020-1971)
- XSS in Management Center in Search Apps>Users
- jQuery update (CVE-2020-11023)
- Fix for: Node watchdog does not work anymore after reconfiguring more than 64 sandboxes
- Added information on selected filters to the reporting API
- Fix for: Wrong Authenticator and Certificate selected when importing DEV-Snapshot
- Fix for: SAML IDPs from different domains do not work with default CORS settings
- Fix for: Missing translation in Insight Apps Editor "editor_result_allow_symbolic_path"
- Fix for: Third party click event Handler do not receive events
- Fix for: API Contraints are truncated
- Fix for: Principal Resolution Cache Health Check: default timings are too strict
- retryFailedRequest function for updated headers via application options
- Deactivation of restriction for privileged servlets of the prediction service
- SharePoint Online: Skipping Item that return HTTP-500
- SharePoint Online: Check for Role Updates
- Fix für: SharePoint Online: NullPointerException wen updating ACL settings
- SharePoint Online: Optimized delta updates of lists
- SharePoint Online: Improved documentation
- Crawler based on Commons Crawler (Web, AuthorizedWeb) supports ACL references in sitemap.
- Fix for: ACL Internalization ID ambigous - yields wrong ACL Cache Outcomes
- Python3 Poetry for reproducable builds
- Optimization of Precomputed ACLs
- Fix for: unrelated facet entries have the same state
- Fix for: backup-logs-and-cleanup.sh does not clean up old empty directories
- Fix for: `handleShortcuts` perordical actions: Feedbacks (via app.telemetry) sometimes do not contain the relevant search-request
- Late Session timeout - User activity detection in MMC
- Automatically update app.telemetry log definitions
- Query transformation Plugin for “labled term” using reference to Subquery-Transformation
- Dynamics 365 Connector: Support for external ADFS IDP
- GSA Search Request Response Transformer: Escape special characters in aggregations
- Fix for: BestBets: ExactMatch query transformer accepts non-numeric characters
- Removal of deprecated resources: api/styles
- Caching Principal Resolution Service uses Tomcat instead of embeddedhttp
- Confluence Sitemap Generator: Support for Delta-Sitemaps
- Option to export von relevance information
- SharePoint Online Connector: Improved principal resolution with Microsoft AAD Graph API
- Fix for: Diacritic search does not work for all characters
- Fix for: ClientService does not restart automatically when a Category Descriptor is uploaded
- Removal of deprecated option query.View.enable_rounded_estimated_count. Use query.SearchRequest.enable_rounded_estimated_count instead
- Stemmer Transformer: Option to exclude certain words from stemming
- Fix for: BestBets Query Transformation: If search term with PhraseMatch is a substring of a KeywordMatch search term, the latter is returning too for matching searches
- SharePoint Online Connector: Index Author of List Items as Metadata
- Fix for: Personalization: this.options is undefined in getValueFromPersonalizationProperties
- Fix for: alternative/user_query block is no longer contained in search response
- Fix for: Sorting does not work when using summarize_by
- SAML IDP Konfiguration: if ID attribute is available in Entity Descriptor it should be copied to the entity_descriptor_ID
- Index: Add ACL Restrictions to Authorization Service Requests
- SharePoint Online Connector: robust site discovery when crawlig with limited permissions
- Filemanager: Restricted permissions
- Fix for: CI/CD Development snapshot migration overrides Client Service authenticatorid attribute also if authenticators are exempted from snapshot
- Improve error handling for embedded search apps using SAML authentication and popup login
- Fix for: Export of results with a search query using computed_properties leads to incorrect results
- Action-Type (preview|openHref) is used in queryprofiler
- Full text search is restricted to the system metadata in privileged admin servlets (/find, /aggregate)
- Fix for: resolvePrincipal timeout is cached
- Client Service: JWT authentication support for Azure Active Directory
- Fix for: Multiple triggered actions for href="#" on A-tags
- Fix for Client Service:Error Request Header Or Cookie Too Large when using SAML with the internal Keycloak
- SharePoint Online: Improve performance when API is throttling
- Mindbreeze Client: use SVG-Logo
- Fix for: Filesystem Manager logs verbose checking of permissions